The air we are breath poses more health risks than we may think. To separate fact from fiction, the team at Air Oasis has put together a list of air quality facts and myths.
- According to Green Guard Certification, poor indoor air quality can cause a number of health problems including: allergies, frequent headaches, sinus congestion, dizziness, nausea, coughing, sneezing and itchy eyes, skin, nose and throat, and long-term effects such as, damage to the heart, liver, central nervous system and even cancer.
- Poor indoor air quality can be a result of several factors including humidity, chemicals, dust, molds, fungi, bacteria, gases, vapors, pet dander, smoke and even inadequate outdoor air intake.
- Air Oasis’ portable Air Angel unit is able to fight 99 percent of air allergens, odors and germs by cleaning and sanitizing the air in rooms up to 250 square feet, including nurseries, bedrooms, playrooms, hotel rooms, cars, planes, and more.
- Many people assume that poor air quality is an outdoor problem. However, this common myth ignores the fact that indoor air quality can be up to 12 times worse than outdoor air quality. According to the National Safety Council, microbial pollutants like mold, pet dander and plant pollen can combine with chemicals found in your home to create an extremely toxic environment making the air quality worse than the air quality outdoors.
- There is a common myth that heaters and A/C units affect only temperature and not air quality. However, heaters and A/C units act as filtration systems as well. When the filters and vents in your heater and A/C systems are neglected, your home is more susceptible to pollution and bacteria build up.
- It is a widely held belief that it is difficult to combat poor air quality. However, there are a variety of devices, including the Air Oasis’ Air Angel, that you could install or use in your home to improve your indoor air quality. You can also perform an indoor air quality test to see exactly how much bacteria you are breathing.
It is our goal at Air Oasis to help put your mind at ease by providing safe and healthy air 24/7. If you are interested in learning more about Air Oasis’ products and how you can protect your home, visit: http://www.airoasis.com.