Indoor Air Quality and Your Health
In order to survive man needs essentials in their every day lives. You need water, light, food and air to sustain life. Without one of these elements, you would not be able to survive. And, one of the most important is having access to clean air to breathe. However, one of the biggest concern is indoor air quality.
What is Indoor Air Quality?
- EPA Information on Indoor Air Quality
- Air Safety and Health Information from OSHA
- Indoor Air Pollution
- A Guide to Indoor Air Pollution and Quality
- A Definition of Indoor Air Quality
Poor indoor air quality can lead to a number of health issues. By having poor air quality it can lead to problems with allergies, asthma or even lung cancer. Air health problems come from a variety of sources. They include mold, pollen, animal dander, dust mites, second hand smoke, radon and asbestos.
To combat the problems related to the poorer quality of indoor air, it is important to address the problems as soon as they become evident. These solutions could include simple methods such as vacuuming on a regular basis, removing the allergen from the living space or more involved methods such renovating the space to remove the cause of the problem.
To learn more about good and bad indoor air quality and the problems associated, please review the following information and resources. Please feel free to use this information to help keep your indoor air flow safe, and everyone healthy and happy.
Additional Indoor Air Quality Information
- Air Quality Health Impacts
- Health Effects of Indoor Pollutants
- Indoor Air Pollution Sources
- Mold and Moisture
- Mold and Indoor Air Quality
- IAQ Mold Resources
- Allergies and Air Quality
- Tips to Control Indoor Allergens
- Knowing the Asthma Triggers in the Home
- Pet Dander
- Pet Allergens
- Animal Related Allergens
- Dust Mites and Dust
- Dust Mites and Asthma Triggers
- Health Risks of Dust Mite Allergens
- Second Hand Smoke
- About Second Hand Smoke and Health
- Second Hand Smoke and Children’s Health
- Radon and Indoor Health Quality
- Information on Radon and Air Quality
- A Citizen’s Guide to Radon
- Asbestos Overview
- Indoor Air Quality Resources
- Air Quality and Asbestos
- Cleaning to Reduce Indoor Air Pollutants