Tips For Baby Safety Month
Last Updated on March 4, 2021
September is Baby Safety Month! The team at Air Oasis understands the importance of Baby Safety Month and wants to help out parents with some tips on how to keep your baby breathing safer, fresher and cleaner air.
Breathing better air can start in the comfort of your own homes. What most people don’t know is that the air quality inside your home can be up to five times worse than the air you breathe outside. Everyday particles that make it into your home have a harsh impact on you and your baby’s health, and can lead to allergies, respiratory problems, asthma, headaches and even the common cold. While our baby’s bodies are still in the early stages of developing, the exposure to poor air can have severe health complications that are more difficult to recover from. Here are some proactive steps to take to purify your home’s air quality:
- Be sure to vacuum your floors regularly. Dust and other particles like pollen can be brought in from every day foot traffic.
- Increase the ventilation in your home by having your windows open for up to 10 minutes daily. The increased airflow will allow stale indoor air to escape your home.
- Houseplants are a great way to improve indoor air quality, as they are a source for natural oxygen.
- Use non-toxic cleaning products such as baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and vinegar.
- Avoid storing paints, adhesives, solvents and other harsh chemicals in your home.
- Don’t hang dry cleaned clothing in your home right away. Instead, hang them outside for a day or two.
- Place an Air Angel in any room up to 250 square feet to help rid your home of germs, allergens and other pesky pollutants.
For any parent, your baby is one of the greatest additions to your life and as they grow, it is crucial to provide the safest environment for them to ensure a healthy life. Baby Safety Month is a great opportunity and reminder to educate yourself on the best ways to keep your baby breathing cleaner, safer air. The Air Angel is a great addition to any nursery or bedroom. Click here to purchase the air-purifying device.