New year, new start, new resolutions! As we kick off 2016, consider these five tips to keep your family healthy and happy this upcoming year.
- Keep Your Family Active. Take some time to visit your local park. Packing a picnic and spending time together outdoors is a great way to spend quality family time. Bring a Frisbee or a football along for some fun and active exercise during your afternoon under the sun. Or, for your more adventurous side, plan a family hike to get your family moving and bonding!
- Eat Dinner Together. Sitting around the dinner table together is a small act that makes such a huge difference in your every day life. According to the Washington Post, children who eat regular family dinners consume more fruits, vegetables, vitamins and micronutrients than those who don’t make time to eat as a family. These healthy habits stick with children into young adulthood resulting in a lowered risk of obesity and a higher chance healthy eating will take place once they live on their own.
- Make Time for Bedtime Stories. According to Dr. Oz, bedtime is the one-time kids completely let their guard down. It’s important to take advantage of this time to bond with your child and understand what’s on their mind. Additionally, incorporating reading into your child’s bedtime routine will not only exercise their minds, but also exercise healthy communication between parent and child.
- Take Classes Together. Several local fitness clubs and community centers offer yoga and aerobics classes for both parents and kids. If packing your kids in a car to go to the gym is too much of a hassle, at-home options such as Live Streaming Fitness offer a variety of parent-child fitness classes making it easy to get healthy as a family, any time, anywhere.
- Get Serious About Germs, Odors and Allergens. What are the germiest culprits in your home? The countertop, followed by carpeted floor and the tiled floor. From pacifiers, to Cheerios, to Sippy Cups, counters and floors are in constant contact with our little ones’ favorite necessities. There’s been little done to combat this problem, in a world filled with emerging technologies, why is the only solution to use harsh chemicals to fight these germs?
The iAdaptAir® HEPA air purifier combines the top five air purification technologies – silver ion, Bi-Polar® ionization, germicidal ultraviolet, True HEPA and carbon filtration into one product. The germicidal ultraviolet technology has been shown in laboratory testing to be effective against 99 percent of germs and viruses in the air and surrounding surfaces, and goes a step further than just being an air purifier – it helps sanitize the rooms your little ones frequent, to reduce the germs that are in the air they breathe and the surfaces they (and their favorite necessities) touch!
Start 2016 on a fresh and healthy foot! For more tips on how to stay healthy year-round, follow and like Air Oasis on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Twitter!